Saturday
July 5, 2008 ...Grandapa passed on the 6th...
“Today’s What You Make Of It”“This I recall to my mind, therefore I have hope. Through the Lord’s mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness.”Lamentations 3:21-22 (from my daily devotional) on Grandpa Harwell's passing.


He wasn't the normal grandpa in the last few years, and most of us saw him last @ a family reunion where he passed on his own clothes and found my dad's underpants, Denise's shirt, dad's shoes, and of course still managed to have on some very colorful suspenders. He was famous for knowing all of the grandkids names (since we were all called "sugar"), but really to me memories of visits to Taft (well fellows i guess), and stories of hangin with Merle Haggard, stories that Grandma says, "are a little far out" but very entertaining. He was for sure a man who was the epitomy of what a Harwell is, hardworking/ busy and loves to have a good time! I love you Grandpa, and im confidant that you are saying, "i love you too, Carrie" right now!

Comments

This is really sweet, Carrie...thank you for sharing...it's a great way to honor those people who've had an impact on our lives. Seeing those we love through other's eyes & hearts helps us remember why we love them, too. I love you.
The McGraths said…
Are you sure he's calling you Carrie? :) I think we all might be "Sugar" still. I'm trying to do a tribute right now and I might have to copy your pic. so thanks! Hope you are doing well. The kids look so big. Looks like the 4th was fab. Love you!

Popular Posts