Evening Ritual






I feel the true blessing is in the fact that the television was not even turned on at our house this evening!!!!!
The mistake: Daddy and I have used the T.V. as a "treat" for ourselves to "escape" if you will, and I guess as our time to relax and hang out! I dont think there is anything wrong with that, and Bennie especially is great with finding very wonderful, active things for us to do, but tonight we also got to enjoy MY idea of real family BONDING!
It was 1 full hour, after we went to dinner and had swim lessons. We started with a playful but peaceful (no injuries or screams) bath, got dressed, each child chose a book, and mommy got her bed time "prayers" ready! We read some books, devotionals, and finally used the "prayer pail" (thanks Cindi for that refrence), We sat and prayed as a family, and it was fantastic!
The kids went to the bathroom, loved on us, and went straight to bed, again, peacefully! Oh, the power of PRAYER!!!!

Comments

The Horners said…
Um I hope someday my tummy looks like yours! Such cute little ones!
Isn't that "prayer pail" such a great idea? It really gets little ones excited about saying their prayers & like you said, "There is power in prayer" - & don't forget, "A family that prays together, stays together!" Love it!
The McGraths said…
I love that you are using it! Doesn't it just make it easier to teach the kids to pray? Ok, what are you doing to be looking so awesome? I need to look so awesome too!
Wageman said…
you gals are FUUUNNNYYY... umm just exercises, and reading about it a lot, but im waiting on the day that it goes away!
And yes, I love how the "prayer pail" challenges you/ us to pray for many/ other things!

Popular Posts