Your Calling

Some people are called to do different things in their lifetime. Most like to know that when they pass, they have left behind a great "legacy".
For some it is to join the military and often times have to choose to leave behind loved ones and family members all to pursue what they were meant to do in this life. For me it come's full circle because I do "what I do" so that my family can describe who I am, and everyone around me can live "great" in THIS life.
As a wife and mother I have faced some serious guilt, and been ridiculed for my busy lifestyle. Finally, I have come to peace with why I do what I do, and the benefits it has for myself and all the people I love and adore!
Her is an example from Marilyn Applebaum (a successful educator) Pondering what her dad taught her in his dreams to come to America from Hungary:

"He followed his dreams. Along the way he moved to America, became a citizen of this fine land, and helped his entire family out, and anyone else who needed help. There were days he was so ill he could barely breathe. He knew his days were numbered, but he would still do the next right thing. He would climb up four flights of stairs to my tiny apartment to see me and to hold my baby daughter, his new granddaughter. He would smile, and say “It’s worth it to climb these stairs to hold her.” He lived his life fully all the way to the end. When he passed away, there were so many people that he had helped, they could not fit into the huge funeral home. Everyone wanted to say one last “good-bye.” He left me a great inheritance as I watched his faith, his positive attitude, his kindness and caring, and how he lived each moment to the fullest never giving up on his dreams."

"That is the inheritance, the legacy you each get to leave to all of your students, and to your own family, a legacy of love."

Two weekends ago when I had felt like a lot of people were "reminding" me that "they" felt I did too much.... I ran into two parents at TARGET in the matter of minutes, well, I guess it turned into hours.
1. "You are such and amazing teacher and coach, You were so important in my daughters life, and she was so lucky to have you!"
2. This one is very touchy to me................
I coached her daughter a lot "growing up" and they use to come watch my volleyball games when I played @ North!
Her daughter was a "star" at Centennial high, starting setting for a couple years, and she was diagnosed with throat cancer her senior year. Devastated with the treatments and idea of cancer, she didn't play her senior year, and missed out on the championship ring the team got that year.
She was kind of burnt out like most of us are at that point, and had no idea what she was going to do in her future.....
after actually missing the sport she ended up @ WESTMONT, playing now for 2 years "successfully".
This isn't even the best part.
Other tradgies have devastated this family recently, and I felt her loss of hope. All I had to say was that it was a blessing in disguise from GOD, and I felt (and saw her tears) of her faith restored instantly! YES! She said with amazement "I guess your right".
In the end she said, "my daughter would not be where she is today without you". "It's people like you in her life, that mean everything."
Then... Mike's devotional today was on a coach who had a huge impact on his life, and the legacy he left behind, this coach had no idea that he was making such a huge impact on a man who would one day become a PREACHER:
Have you ever considered as a Christian that Jesus chose you to be on His team because He saw a talent in you that he could develop so that He could use your life to accomplish His purposes? Its true loved one, there is a reason God saved your life. He has a position for you on His team and if you will allow Him to instruct you and coach you, you will become everything He wants you to be. You will experience satisfaction at the deepest place in your soul as you follow Him. You might not win football games but more important you will experience abundant life, eternal life, life lived to the fullest. Follow Jesus; listen to Him, and one day you will be rewarded with a tremendous honor, as you will be selected to Jesus, All Eternity Team where the celebration never ends. Don't forget today, loved one, there is victory in Jesus, so draw close to Him.

"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."

1 Corinthians 15:57

I LOVE YOU!
SO...... My Calling is: A Grandaughter, Daughter, Sister, Wife, Mother, Mother and Teacher.
I know that my life is better for ALL because of ALL of the things that I do!

Comments

I know this "guilt" you talk of...with 5 kids, or 10 for that matter...I should have been at home - well I chose to drag them with me instead & "we have been blessed" by the countless numbers of gymnasts, cheerleaders, & students (& their families) who have blessed our lives - I hope my children have learned that giving to others to make this journey a little more meaningful is not a bad thing - let go of the guilt! I love you.
Wageman said…
Oh, so you taught me that "drag em-along thing"? :-). Luckily Ben's great! I say, "hey" bring the kids here, and we are ALL going there...and he does it! go figure??? I lucked out there!
Maybe for me it will really pay off like it did for you, and I will get my time with my family when I can really devote to them....like you do!

Popular Posts