Visiting Granny's new place!



My Grandma Harwell (A.K.A) Grandma Lucy, or Granny Lucy, has recently moved to "Castlewood retirment apartments" just around the corner from the home she lived in for 20 years in Bakersfield. Her old neighbor actually introduced her to the place, and she soon realized it was perfect for her! And, it is!
She seems to be loving it, staying busy, getting involved in activities and aerobic classes, and hanging out with friends! Many of us have gone to visit her recently and reserved spots at her "dining table"! Her girlfriends that eat with her are just that, "girlfriends" it is so neat how they sit around the table and make jokes and talk about "hot topics" but mainly, just enjoy each others company. I enjoyed them and cant wait to do it again!! I also enjoyed seeing my grandma start a new chapter in her life... one that brings her GREAT happiness!

Comments

Yay! I'm glad she seems happy to you, too. She sounds happy to me whenever I talk to her - thanks for visiting her, I know she loves it.

Popular Posts