A Challenge to sit and WATCH!



I really thank the Lord for my opportunity to have swim lessons with my children! Sure, it is (or is not to the non-believers) great for safety purposes, but for me its just amazing quality time!
Since college and meeting my husband at 19, all i wanted to do was marry this man! So I went into major multi-tasking mode. How can I do homework, and work, and keep up with other "to do's" all at the same time? And, as a working mother... it has only gotten worse. I would feel bad if I ever sat down to much, and if I do watch T.V. (Real Housewives) it's during the marathons while I am cleaning!
Anyway, back to the point! For 30 minutes a day, and right now it's unlimited swim, so every weekday for 30 minutes I sit down, do nothing else, but watch my kids. I watch them learn, succeed, smile, laugh, have fun, and grow!
I may have a cup of coffee or water in my hand, but I really feel like just giving them attention even if I am not physically involved is so special.
I try and get their lessons in the evening every other day so Ben can come because at the swim club they had a set class, and Ben was on time or early to every single class, I know he loves every minute of it as much as I!
That's another additive the smiles him and I share, the thumbs up that he gives to the kids as they look at us through the glass, and the praise that we get to give them in conversation.
So.... my challenge, take some time to watch your kids, smile, and tell them how wonderful they are!

Comments

Popular Posts