Volkslauf 2008



Yes this is way past due, but I only have hard copies of pictures, and as I was browsing volkslauf.com and realized that there aren't any pictures of the first place female team "the energizer bunnies", I thought I would pay my respects!
On October 11, 2008 I participated (and won) THE HARDERST competition of my life!
The volksluaf is a 5 or 10k (we did the 10k) mud run that is designed and hosted by military professionals, the group that I have pictured "gladiators" got second to my group and you see them in devil's ditch!
The muddy trench was almost two miles long and required some swimming! This proceded the first .5-.75 miles of muddy hills and 10ft walls, that was easy! After you made it through the ditch 10k'ers had a little around a 3 mile run with some ups and downs, in's and outs and climbing! Then the last mile was the kicker! 20 FOOT WALL!! Lots more walls oh, and with that came strategy! Most of the time my other 3 team members would climb up me, and then someone would come around and help so we could finish quickly! We were all about time so we skipped waiting in line for the rope climb (well one of them) and jumped into the muddiness, AGAIN! It pretty much wrapped up with 10-20 foot muddly tunnels, beams and slippery slopes all to finish off in what felt like miles (really only about .25) of a swim in 6ft deep waters!
Training with these girls got a little gruleing but it was an AWESOME experience and Ill do it every year again and again as long as my body will allow!

Comments

Popular Posts