10K for Nikki (Ovarian Cancer)



















First off I have to excuse the CLARITY...we kept thinking it was the smudged display screen, but really...it was the lens...which messed up the picture. Im no photographer, of course, the people that took some of the pictures were. I have kids. Right?

Anyway, we had so much fun on our little "women power trip". We met in the middle (Studio City, L.A.) late Saturday Afternoon, played around at the City Walk, had dinner at the "Geisha House", Hung out at "Beso" in Hollywood and slept in very comfortable beds at the Sheraton Universal (thanks Kath)! We woke up at 6 a.m. and drove to the CBS studios for the run! My first 10k! When we hit 3miles I was thinking "I should be done right now". Nikki made me do the 10k since we traveled we had to make it "worth it" but im use to 5k's. I actually really loved it, and never felt like it was much harder than a 5! We did really well!
Nikki only stopped ONCE to go to the bathroom DURING the race, and we crossed the finish line together it was a casual 51:44. We got 5th and 6th in our division, 89th & 90 overall with over 250 people competiting in the 10k alone! We hung out and got free goodies from the vendors, a lot of cool "teal things" (offical color for O Cancer), went to the hotel, washed up, and finished the afternoon off at the Beverly Center (mall)! The best part of it all was getting to have some special time with my BESTEST and celebrating her strength and defeat of Ovarian Cancer. I Love her, and we love being healthy together! Right down to the DRUGS you can find in our car consoles (Vitamins) and the matching outfits that we pack (with out planning)!


















Oh and it actually was foggy @ the race!

Comments

The Holyoaks said…
you look just like my mom!
Anonymous said…
i love you for loving Nikki so much and for being by her side..Nikki said, you waited for her..and you would have placed in the race..what a friend...you both are blessed..as are we...and im sure 2 were the best looking there!!!
Ummm...I was NEVER as cute as you! But I am happy & proud to be your favorite aunt jenny. Nikki is lucky to have a friend like you, too. I remember talking to Kath at either the twins' shower or your mom's b'day party about Nikki, - I hope she continues to stay healthy & strong...heck, now you girls look ready for a marathon! :)

Popular Posts